Chief Elected Officials Board
Cherokee, Labette & Neosho
Montgomery County Commissioner
Chautauqua, Elk & Montgomery
Anderson County Commissioner
Anderson, Allen, Wilson & Woodson
Bonnie (Rob) Robberts
Miami, Linn, Bourbon & Crawford
Robert (Bob) Saueressig
Coffey County Commissioner
Coffey, Greenwood & Lyon
Responsibilities of the CEOs under WIOA include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Determine the size and membership of the LWDB, based upon the criteria established by WIOA, and appoint members to the local board.
- Serve as grant recipient and assume fiscal liability for grant funds for WIOA Title I adult, dislocated worker and youth activities; as well as other such federal or state workforce funds as may be awarded.
- Approve budgets for carrying out the responsibilities of the Local Board.
- Provide comprehensive oversight of the activities of the Local Board.
- Ensure that local area partnerships are functioning effectively.
In partnership with the Local Board:
- Participate in the development of the Local Area Plan.
- Conduct oversight of the One-Stop delivery system, youth activities, and employment and training activities.
- Select One-Stop operators and eligible service providers and oversee compliance and continuance improvement (may subsequently terminate these for cause).
- Agree on Memorandums of Understanding between the Local Board and the One-Stop operator(s).
- Negotiate and reach agreement on performance standards and any additional local performance measures.
In partnership with the Governor:
- Agree on whether the Local Board may provide core services, intensive service, or both.
- Agree on whether the Local Board may serve as a One-Stop operator.
- Negotiate waiver requests as needed.
Local Workforce Development Board
VR Regional Manager
DCF – Vocational Rehabilitation
Regional Operations Manager
Department of Commerce
ESU Small Business Development Center
Monarch Cement Company
Asst. General Manager
4 Rivers Electric Co-op
Dean of Outreach & Workforce Development
Neosho County Community College
First Option Bank
Kansas Crossing Casino
Norfolk Iron & Metal Co.
Director of Programming
Jobs for America’s Graduates – Kansas
Assistant Business Manager
Doherty Steel, Inc.
Director of Adult Education
Paola Adult Education Center
Plumbers and Pipeline Local 441
The purpose of the Local Workforce Development Board (LWDB) is to:
- Provide strategic and operational oversight in collaboration with the required and additional partners and stakeholders to help develop and comprehensive and high-quality workforce development system in the local area and larger planning region.
- Assist in the achievement of the State’s strategic and operational vision and goals as outlined in the Unified State Plan or Combined State Plan.
- Maximize and continue to improve the quality of services, customer satisfaction, and effectiveness of the services provided.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Acts vision for the Local WDB is to serve as a strategic leader and convener of local workforce development system stakeholders. The Local WDB partners with employers and the workforce development system to develop policies and investments that support public workforce system strategies that support regional economies, the development of effective approaches including local and regional sector partnerships and career pathways, and high quality, customer centered service delivery and service delivery approaches.