List of Services
In addition to core employment services, vet staff also provide the following services:
- Comprehensive assessment of education, skills, and abilities;
- In–depth interviewing and evaluation to identify employment barriers and appropriate employment goals;
- Group and individual career coaching;
- Short-term pre-vocational services that may include development of learning and communication skills, interviewing skills, personal maintenance skills, and professional conduct to prepare individuals for career goals;
- Development of an individual employment plan that identifies employment goals, interim objectives, and appropriate services that will enable the Veteran to meet his or her employment goals.
Vet staff work with other service providers to promote the advantages of hiring Veterans to employers and employer groups. They market job seeking Veterans as individuals who have highly marketable skills and experience. Vet staff serve as an advocate for Veterans with business, industry, and other community-based organizations by participating in a variety of outreach activities such as: Planning and participation in job and career fairs; Coordination with unions, apprenticeship programs, and business organizations to promote employment and training programs for Veterans; Informing Federal Contractors of their responsibility to recruit and retain qualified Veterans; and Promoting credentialing and licensing opportunities for Veterans.