Kansas WORKReady! Certificate
As a JOB SEEKER, why would I want a Kansas WORKReady! Certificate?
You know you’re talented. You know you can do the job better than anyone. You just need a chance to prove it to employers. The Kansas WORKReady! Certificate can help!
Job seekers should call or visit a Workforce Center to sign up for the free Kansas WORKReady! skills assessment.
Can I practice before taking the assessment? You can schedule a practice session or review your skills before taking the assessment by using the WIN e-learning tutorial system.
As an EMPLOYER, why should I be interested in the Kansas WORKReady! Certificate?
An employer uses the Kansas WORKReady! certificate as an additional tool to identify quality applicants.
Kansas WORKReady! uses WorkKeys® assessments to award Career Readiness Certificates to individuals to document their skills in:
- Applied Mathematics, which measures the skills people use when they apply mathematical reasoning and problem-solving techniques to work-related problems.
- Locating Information, which measures the skill people use when they work with workplace graphics such as charts, graphs, tables, forms, maps, diagrams, and instrument gauges.
- Reading for Information, which measures the skill people use when they read and use written text in order to do a job such as memos, letters, directions, signs, policies, and regulations.
WorkKeys® is a reliable and nationally validated system evaluating and analyzing workplace skills. Thousands of jobs are “profiled” to identify skill levels necessary to perform each job. Skills measured by WorkKeys® are transferable skills – skills necessary for most jobs. Tasks are based on workplace situations and do not require job-specific knowledge.
What do the four different Levels of the Kansas WORKReady! Certificate mean?
- Bronze Level – Core skills for approximately 30% of the jobs profiled by WorkKeys.
- Silver Level – Core skills for approximately 70% of the jobs profiled by WorkKeys.
- Gold Level – Core skills for approximately 90% of the jobs profiled by WorkKeys.
- Platinum Level – Core skills for approximately 99% of the jobs profiled by WorkKeys.