Meet Our Chief Elected Officials Board Members
Elk County Commissioner
Region I consists of the counties of Chautauqua, Elk and Montgomery.
Anderson County Commissioner
Region IV consists of the counties of Anderson, Allen, Wilson, and Woodson.
Labette County Commissioner
Region II consists of the counties of Cherokee, Labette, and Neosho.
Coffey County Commissioner
Region V consists of the counties of Coffey, Greenwood and Lyon.
ROB ROBERTS – CHAIR
Miami County Commissioner
Region III consists of the counties Miami, Linn, Bourbon, and Crawford.
Responsibilities of the CEOs
Responsibilities of the CEOs under WIOA include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Determine the size and membership of the LWDB, based upon the criteria established by WIOA, and appoint members to the local board.
- Serve as grant recipient and assume fiscal liability for grant funds for WIOA Title I adult, dislocated worker and youth activities; as well as other such federal or state workforce funds as may be awarded.
- Approve budgets for carrying out the responsibilities of the Local Board.
- Provide comprehensive oversight of the activities of the Local Board.
- Ensure that local area partnerships are functioning effectively.
In partnership with the Local Board:
- Participate in the development of the Local Area Plan.
- Conduct oversight of the One-Stop delivery system, youth activities, and employment and training activities.
- Select One-Stop operators and eligible service providers and oversee compliance and continuance improvement (may subsequently terminate these for cause).
- Agree on Memorandums of Understanding between the Local Board and the One-Stop operator(s).
- Negotiate and reach agreement on performance standards and any additional local performance measures.
In partnership with the Governor:
- Agree on whether the Local Board may provide core services, intensive service, or both.
- Agree on whether the Local Board may serve as a One-Stop operator.
- Negotiate waiver requests as needed.