WHO WE ARE
Workforce Development for Southeast Kansas
Southeast KANSASWORKS, Inc. is one of five Workforce Development Boards in Kansas designated by the Governor under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Check out our LA V Local WIOA Plan
The Southeast Kansas Local Area V Workforce Center system is designed to provide a full range of services and assistance opportunities to job seekers and employers under one roof. Established under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, our centers serve the residents of 17 Kansas Counties. Workforce Centers are located in:
*Yellow star denotes Workforce Center locations.
Click the links to visit our Workforce Center pages.
Emporia ~ Chanute ~ Independence ~ Paola ~ Pittsburg
Employers – Our Business Services teams are comprised of professionals who work directly with employers to meet their specific staffing needs at no cost. Services available to employers include:
- Recruitment and Incentive Services to Employers
- Online Posting of Job Vacancies
- Screening of Applicants
- Job Seeker Resume Searches
- Individual Hiring Events and Job Fairs
- Access to Interview Space within our Local Offices
- Video Conferencing Accessibility for Long Distance Interviews
- Rapid Response Assistance to Employers Dealing with Layoffs or Company Closure.
Job Seekers – we offer a wide range of employment services at no cost, including:
- Referrals to Employment
- Job Listings
- Work-Based Learning Opportunities
- Career Counseling
- Resume Writing Tools and Interviewing Skills
- Resources Rooms with Computer and Internet Access
- Outreach and Remote Services
- Job Fairs and Hiring Events
- Access to Training Programs
- Work Ready Assessment and Certification
- Veteran’s’ Services
- Similar Employment-Related Services.
View Our Tour of Services Video
to learn more!